Mold and dust mites can wreak havoc on both your health and your home's structure like few other issues within the house can.
In just a few years, mold and rot can significantly damage your home and personal property, while allergens from mold spores and dust mite waste can lead to a variety of reactions in sensitive individuals.
We offer mold control quotes in the Pennsylvania area, including Pittsburgh, Murrysville, New Kensington nearby areas such as Saltsburg, Butler, Monroeville, Gibsonia, Allison Park, Wexford, Glenshaw and the surrounding areas.
(Click for more information about each problem.)
Water can also rise directly through the porous concrete of a slab floor.
Carpet or wood installed on the concrete will trap this moisture underneath, resulting in mold and rot. Be sure to seal your floor before installing carpet or organic materials.
Mold, rot and dust mites all have a common weakness: they all need ample moisture and humidity to survive. When humidity levels drop below 60% they will not be able to thrive.
By sealing out humidity from outside air and installing a dehumidifier, you can protect yourself from mold and dust mite problems.
We offer moisture control quotes to homeowners in our Pennsylvania service area. Each quote includes an on-site inspection and written quote. Call us today to get started in Pittsburgh, Murrysville, New Kensington, Butler, Saltsburg, Gibsonia, Monroeville, Wexford, Glenshaw, Allison Park and throughout the surrounding areas.
Mold spores are present nearly everywhere, growing when they meet sufficient temperature, moisture, and organic material to grow.
50% of homes have at least one resident with allergies, with the American Lung Association showing that 88 million Americans suffering from some sort of respiratory distress. 90% of people with allergies show sensitivity to mold spores.
Dust mites are microscopic arachnids that live in your home, most often in carpeting, sofas, pillows, and other cushioned furniture.
Dust mites create allergenic fecal material, which they release into the air as much as 20 times a day. Dust mites live in humid areas, absorbing moisture directly from the air.
Black Mold is a highly toxic mold that is rare but dangerous when it grows in the home.
Black mold spores host a fungus that produces carcinogenic "mycotoxins" that are linked to ailments such as liver cancer, lung cancer, chronic liver damage, acute or chronic nervous system damage, endocrine problems, and others.
Mold and rot can begin to form in damp wood in as little as 24-48 hours.
If allowed to damage wood unchecked, rot, mold, and dry rot can lead to many thousands of dollars worth of damage to a home. In the case of dry rot, a 75% loss of toughness can be caused by a 1% weight loss. Rot and mold in wood should be addressed as soon as possible.